Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ao NO EXoRCist!!! - unexpectedly flabbergasting!

First off, it's been approximately 7 months or so since I last made a review. Well, that has something, wait, no, EVERYTHING to do with LAW SCHOOL! It's been a month since summer break started and I still a month more to enjoy the rest of this blissful vacay. If you're asking why I just made a review now, that would be because I was busy reading manga and the only anime I watched this summer so far was Ao no Exorcist. I did watch the first episode of Deadman Wonderland which I just recently finished reading the manga till the last update before the first ep was released. I just hate to tell you this but it was rather a bit disappointing so I haven't watched any episodes after it. The other anime released at the same time the first episode of Deadman Wonderland came out was Ao no Exorcist. I was a bit hesitant to watch it because the trailer was good but not really enough to get me interested but I watched it anyway and I was totally flabbergasted! I didn't expect the anime to be so good and I haven't read the manga by then, really!

Ao no Exorcist (aka Blue Exorcist) tells the story of Rin Okumura who after some unfortunate events lead him to go on a journey to become the most powerful exorcist and beat the hell out of Satan who happens to be his father. Confused? I just told you the general concept of the whole story. The whole story is about the whole world is divided into two dimensions where humans live in a world we call Assiah and demons live in Gehanna. Interference between these two dimensions is not allowed but despite all this demons still interfere in Assiah by possessing creatures or objects. Exorcists exist solely to maintain peace and order in Assiah by exterminating these demons. The ambitious Satan wanted to dominate Assiah and to realize this, Rin bore the curse of being Satan's illegitimate son who possesses a body that of Assiah and a soul that of Gehanna. Rin's foster father, who is an exorcist, sacrificed himself to save Rin and his death made Rin want to take the path of being an exorcist and beat Satan.

Well, that was interesting enough. After watching the 2nd episode, I read the whole manga until its recent chapter. I have to say, Ao no Exorcist is one of the few anime series that won't disappoint you after reading the manga. You know, I have this flaw, when I start reading the manga, I lose interest in watching the anime or that I am not so enthusiastic in watching it. I just watch it for the sake of watching it. Well, most of the times that is. Ao no Exorcist won't disappoint you and the seiyuus are very amazing! The songs? SUPERB! Come on, Uverworld as opening and 2pm, a good korean band, as ending, NICE! READY READY READY for the TAKE OFF! :-)

Ao no Exorcist is one of the best anime so far this 2011! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment