Saturday, March 10, 2012

Giant Killing - Utterly superb!

When this anime came out last year, I wanted to try watching it but never had the chance to - maybe I wasn't motivated enough then. Now, after I read some reviews of Area No Kishi - there were some negative reactions and some compared it to Giant Killing where they mentioned that it was not as amazing as the latter. Seeing how Area No Kishi is still currently airing and after reading all the scanlated chapters who wouldn't want to pick up another sports anime series title?!?!?! I just had to, you know?!? And boy was I surprised at what was in store for me. I am just so glad I decided to watch this series! I've been watching shonen sports anime from time to time, titles such as Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21, Overdrive, Initial D, Slamdunk, Area no Kishi - what not... but Giant Killing was the only seinen genre under the sports category that I have watched so far. Maybe because I've matured enough coz I am turning 24 this year and I watched those other anime like 5 years ago. Sometimes you would just like to watch a realistic sports anime but at the same time would still give you the same amount of excitement. Despite my busy schedule because of work, I managed to squeeze in some time to watch the whole series (26 eps) in a week. Well, I watched it twice actually in a week coz I had to watch it all over again with my boyfriend.
The story starts off with East Tokyo United, a soccer club that is basically the weakest in the Japanese Soccer League scene. When the general manager Goto decided to hire Tatsumi, an ex-ace striker of the team to become the team's manager - the team's reputation of being the weakest in the league might just take a 180 degree change. Tatsumi's determination to topple all the strong football teams and release the team's "Giant Killing" nature in them along with the team's loyal fans' support - is this enough to rampage through the storm and have the team make a name for themselves? You just have to watch the anime and read the manga to find out, right??!
That being said, I totally recommend this manga to all anime enthusiasts who wants to watch a realistic, fun and exciting sports anime. This should be one of the best anime under the sports genre, I would dare say. The plot, the characters, the seiyuu, the animation, the soundtrack, I don't have a teeny bit of complaint in any of those aspects.
MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE, WHEN WILL THIS ANIME GET A 2ND SEASON?!?!? I hope they would give this anime one since the anime was such a cliffhanger!!!!
Don't forget to watch this anime!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment