Sunday, October 2, 2011

THEY ARE BACK! - Hunter X Hunter (2011)


Let's face it, almost every person out there who watches anime have already heard about Hunter X Hunter and most of them probably watched the original series, their OVAs included. Anyhow, it seems that most people are still pretty psyched and excited, at the same time anxious, of this remake. This anime is a remake of the 1999 anime which is an adaptation of the still running manga of the same title. 
For you guys who haven't watched or read Hunter X Hunter, I believe a brief and simple introduction is a must. Basically, Gon, the main protagonist decides to become a hunter to search for his dad who is a hunter as well. Before becoming a hunter, one has to take the hunter examination which consists of lots of difficult tasks. Here, Gon meets his companions, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio. 
Not much spoiler there for other people's benefit. Nevertheless, I have to say, watching the first episode was quite something because I think it would take a lot of getting used to with all the new seiyuus and stuff but it was good. There are still some things that they left out though since it was a pretty much fast-paced episode. It was like squeezing the first 3 episodes in the original anime to fit into just one episode. Makes you think of FMA: Brotherhood. Moving on, personally, I think meeting Kaito (Kite) the hunter was an important part to show but they didn't and that's one chunk missing for those who don't know Hunter X Hunter. Mito's voice actress sounds a little old than what she looks like, it was creepy. I had a bit of goosebumps there. Gon sounds extra cuter which is a bit weird but no complaints. I love Leorio so far. Kurapika was good but nothing special really. I can't wait for Killua's appearance since he's my favorite HxH character and how he would be portrayed would, I think, make or break this series. 
As for the music, it was pretty decent. It was good but I have to say, I loved Ohayou before. I read in the anime forums that the background music sucks but I don't see how although it was nothing great as well. 
There's still lots of things to take into account but the animation, especially with the modern technology and everything, is great compared to an anime made 10 years ago. I mean, come on, obviously. 
Let's just watch how this remake would turn out. I heard that this will run for 45+++ episodes. What happens by then would determine if they would continue doing HxH until the end. 
Kudos to Madhouse for a good remake. I hope it gets better. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment