Monday, March 1, 2010

an intense night of MAJOR!!

          It's been quite a while since the last time I watched an anime that could make me quiver this much! Quiver with excitement! I just had a MAJORathon last night of the anime's first 2 seasons.
          This anime is all about the life of Goro, a baseball prodigy. The main plot of this story is Goro's goal to become a professional baseball player and the whole series is all about his journey to reach it.
          The last time I watched a sports anime was One Outs (what do you know -- another baseball anime!) It's different than most sports anime in a way that this series basically revolves around the main character only. He jumps from one team to another as he grows older - from little league to middle school - to high school - to minor league and finally the major league - unlike Prince of Tennis,Slamdunk, Eyeshield 21 (where characters are given a chance in the limelight). Although this anime shows a lot of teamwork in it but basically its all about how Goro influences his teammates especially when they are faced with an adversity that his teammates think they couldn't overcome but Goro changes this and gives them confidence to turn the tables. I like this anime also because it is not too far from reality unlike Prince of Tennis and Eyeshield 21 where the anime exaggerates the scenes too much which is so impossible to happen in the real world (well, that basically is what anime is for - to make the impossible possible! LOL).
          This is such a cool anime and I just want you to know that I finished watching 47 episodes from 11pm until 8pm the next day (with 3 hours of sleep and an extra hour of break in between that). I recommend this to everyone! I loved it! I've heard about this anime years ago and I am just so glad that I gave some time to watch and now - I couldn't stop! That's how I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment