Sunday, June 17, 2012

Exciting Basketball anime has come - make way for KUROKO NO BASKET!!!

The Basketball that Kuroko Plays, the title makes my boyfriend laugh so hard because it's too long so let's just settle with the Japanese title, Kuroko no Basket to avoid any reaction of that sort. This was a title that I picked up more than a year ago when I was looking for any good shonen manga read and I was choosing one from Shonen Jump because I know anything would be most likely a good read from that magazine. I read through it up to the recently released scanlated chapters at that time around volume 6 then I dropped it. That's one bad thing about me, I really am not the type of person to wait for an update a week, a month. I just read it again after a couple months or so even a year after I read it last. Just like how I want to go on an anime marathon and run through all the episodes in a day or so. Nevertheless, I remembered having a good time reading this manga so when I saw that it will be animated, I was excited on how it goes. Seeing how Area no Kishi is not being faithful to the manga (I read the manga after watching 2 or 3 episodes of the anime and somehow got disappointed on how the anime series went), I was pleasantly surprised to see the anime being faithful to the manga I liked so far. I've watched 11 episodes so far and it's still faithful to the manga so I believe there might be a chance that this will go on for more than 1 season but on the other side, Giant Killing was faithful but never got a 2nd season. Since this is a Jump manga hopefully it does just like how all the most of the other Jump mangas out there are right now.
Tetsuya Kuroko is a former member from the legendary middle school basketball team known as "The Generation of Miracles". Upon meeting Taiga Kagami he decides upon becoming his shadow to help him become Japan's greatest basketball player. (From AnimeNewsNetwork)
Story: 7/10
Although I am a sporty person and have watched couple sports anime so far, the story is typical in a way. It's how it is presented that would make it better. The anime has been good so far. Better than what I expected. I love how the anime is specially funny and serious at times. The pace is also good, not so fast and not too slow either. 
Animation: 10/10
One of the reasons why I love watching this anime is because of the great animation that the production team has done a hell of a job on doing. The art is great and the basketball plays are awesome. You will see the very big difference between anime produced now and what it was like 15 years ago watching Slamdunk (but it was still great nevertheless).
Characters: 9/10
Everything was done amazingly. The seiyuus are great, I don't see that much lapses but I still wouldn't give it a 10. Sometimes Kagami sounds weird but Kuroko is great and I love Kise's seiyuu so far.
Soundtrack: 10/10
Hands down for the great opening and ending songs!!!! Great soundtrack!


All in all, I'll give this anime a 9/10. Every sports-anime loving person out there should not miss out on this great anime. One of the good anime's released for Spring. Hopefully it gets a 2nd season. I'll be reading the manga now....



No comments:

Post a Comment