Sunday, June 24, 2012

Amazing-would-be-an-understatement for this Romantic-comedy zombie anime Sankarea

Sankarea is an anime my boyfriend was really excited about when I showed him the Spring 2012 anime list and seeing that I knew exactly what kind of anime he usually likes. If it's not the hard core shonen kind of anime it would be those shonen-ecchi genre just like the earlier post I had with HS DXD. Although I wasn't really into this anime as much as my boyfriend was I still watched the first episode with him though just how the anime freak I am. What I felt when I watched the anime was a tad bit surprising on my part. It was a really good anime, way better than I expected. This is why I watch an anime first before judging it.
The anime is about the protagonist Furuya who has a huge obsession with zombies. He has a lot of things zombie-related and all he watches are zombie movies, his head is just full of zombie craziness to the point that he would only be interested with the opposite gender if she were a zombie. One day, his pet Babu died and he was in so much pain that he wanted to bring Babu back to life. Here started his zombie experiment to resurrect Babu after getting a hold of this mysterious book that gives the details on how to go about doing just that. He diligently did all this every night at an abandoned building in a nearby forest.
Meanwhile, Rea, the most popular girl in their school's next door neighbor all-girls school has a lot of things going on in her life that she shouts all of her frustrations and anger every night at this well just right outside where Furuya is doing his experiments. Furuya got to witness this every night as well when all of a sudden because of a little ruckus on his part, he was discovered by Rea who was excited and curious as hell about his experiments. She told him that she'll help him with the experiments. During the course of this all, Rea made Furuya promise to resurrect her if she dies.
What happens if they were successful in their zombie experiment? If Rea dies and Furuya resurrects her than wouldn't that make Furuya's dream a reality? How far are they willing to go to make their dreams come true?

Story: 10/10
I just feel like this is a unique story. The whole series started in a very great way and I watched the most recent episode (10) and it's been great so far. I don't have any qualms with it. Humor is amazing, story as well. It's not dragging. I don't feel bored watching it. Hell, it's just awesome!
 Animation: 10/10
Awesome art and animation!!! Rea is just so cute, except for the ecchi parts with all the females in this anime, I don't have any more complaints. Furuya is just too cute with that hair as well!!!! Great job!
Characters: 9/10
The protagonists are amazing but the other characters are not much. Furuysa's younger sister is doing a great job being indifferent at times as well as his cousin but Rea's family, not so.
Soundtrack: 8/10
The background tracks are great but the opening and ending songs are not something I like that much.

Overall: 9/10
Great anime to watch!!!!!!!!!! Story is great and animation as well. This anime surely is something you'll have fun watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment