Friday, October 7, 2011

Kimi to Boku - Pure Laidback Humor


This post's title doesn't really make any sense, does it?
Anyways, I watched Kimi to Boku out of curiousity. If you ask me, slice-of-life anime doesn't really interest me that much although I do read some shoujo slice-of-life mangas but this anime was shonen to boot. That was not really my thing. INITIALLY. To my surprise, I enjoyed it quite more than I expected. I thought that watching the first 5 minutes would be enough to make me hit the close button on the page but I lingered and that next thing I knew, it was over and I wanted more! WOW!
So, basically, as what I just mentioned Kimi to Boku is a slice-of-life shonen anime about 4 childhood friends. The story revolves around their friendship and their everyday lives as high school students. The 4 of them have totally different personalities but despite that they remain friends and still hang out even if they are in different classes. I haven't read the manga so I don't know much yet but from what I read in many synopsis, there will be a guy who would join this circle of friends and would bring some change.
I dare say that that summary doesn't sound a least bit interesting to me but you just have to see it to know what I mean. I never was a fan of the slice-of-life genre and I have to say, if I'm not mistaken, this is the first slice-of life anime that I have watched. Really.
What I love about this anime is, of course, the characters and the bond they have -- their friendship. Watching the anime makes me think and wonder how totally different people actually become friends for a long time especially when they even have few similar interests at all. The friendship that the characters portray is very evident even when you are just listening to their ordinary conversations.
Forgive me for this review because I know that you might just say, "That's what a slice-of-life genre works, right?" Well, I'm new with this stuff so please bear with me.
Kudos to the voice actors for making me hook with this anime even after just one episode. Each of the character's personality were portrayed well, thanks to them. I love all of them and I can't wait for the other guy's appearance and see what he will bring.
I love the subtlety and the simplicity of the anime because when the animation is simple, other important things become clear such as seiyuus, conversations, facial expressions, etc unlike action anime that would simply highlight the action scenes more.
Well, as far as I know, I enjoyed watching the first episode. I can't wait for the next one, next week!
So for y'all who wants a refreshing anime who feel tired watching the same old action animes, you can add Kimi to Boku in your must-watch anime every week! It will run for 12 episodes only so just squeeze it in to your hectic schedules and I'm sure you'll have a good time, like I did. Hopefully, you do enjoy it or you'll blame me for wasting all your time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment