Friday, October 16, 2009

Skip Beat! Mania


I'm currently hooked with this manga, Skip Beat!, by Yoshiki Nakamura. I came across this manga right after the airing of its first episode. I thought it was interesting so I watched the it and I can't stop thinking about the whole story. It ended up with me reading the manga for 2 days. I think you get the picture of how this story really got me into it.
The story goes with this girl named Kyoko Mogami who left her hometown to go to the bustling city and live with her "boyfriend", or so she thought, Sho Fuwa. Sho was aspiring to become a famous star in the world of music. Kyoko, on the other hand, supported him with everything she has by working left and right for their living expenses because they were living together. At one point when the story just started, Kyoko overheard Sho's conversation with his manager and badmouthed her. Kyoko was full of rage upon hearing the conversation. She then decided to dive in to the world of show business without any inkling of an idea what it really is. Thus began her journey towards stardom and her dream of beating Sho in his very own stage.
This manga was actually made into an anime. Although it was the main reason why I read the manga but I stopped watching it and I did watch the last episode though to see at what part it would end. The manga is currently at the top of my list of must-read right now. The art is just amazing. That's where the anime disappointed me.
The manga centers on Kyoko and everything that she has been struggling personally in her love life and in her career as an actress as well. There are a lot of love interests as well so you could pick who you'd be rooting for. :-)
This manga is full of beautifully and neatly drawn characters in it. I love this manga because it's very unique and it doesn't entirely focus on love but when it does-- it's gonna be a roller coaster ride where you'd be hoping more and more of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment