Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Still contemplating on Pandora Hearts...

Pandora Hearts, personally, was one of my favorite anime series. You got that right. It's in its past tense.
Now, I'm still thinking if whether it was a good anime or not. Well, I would say everything really was great but they spoiled it at the end! I bet not one person is satisfied on how the anime ended. Although, everyone is longing for a 2nd season but there's still no official announcement so until then let's just cross our fingers because this anime series definitely needs another season!!!
Pandora Hearts is a quite complicated anime but let's just say that its a distorted version of "Alice in Wonderland"-- courtesy of a stranger who described the anime while I was watching it. It's about a boy named Oz Bezarius, a girl - Alice (also called B-Rabbit) and everything that revolves around these main characters. It's really hard to make a summary since I don't know where to start and I apologize for that.
The anime really didn't attract me at first since the art was only so-so when I tried watching the first 2 minutes of the 1st episode but when it was on its 13th episode, I decided to watch it and I got hooked. I'm glad I decided to watch it. It was really a great anime -- very unique one indeed. Week after week, it got me itchin' to watch more and more of it! That's how I loved this anime. It has all kinds of things in it. It has a good amount of humor in it that I get to laugh once in a while -- this is one funny anime, believe me. If there's an anime that could harmoniously blend humor, action, drama, mystery, thriller, fantasy and a little romance as well (but very very little)... IT WOULD DEFINITELY BE PANDORA HEARTS!!!
The plot and character development was very well-presented. You get to know the characters and understand them but there are a lot of, as I said earlier, mystery in this anime so you really look forward to the next episode but this anime actually has a manga and if you want huge spoilers -- start reading it. I tried reading it once but I decided I'll just watch the anime. I might reconsider and read it now that the anime has ended -- too bad. I actually wanted more action and wanted to know more about those mysteries but I guess there's really no other way but to read the manga. It's actually quite far already from where the anime ended.
This series has a very stellar cast of seiyuus in it. We get to hear from Jun Fukuyama (Lelouche's seiyuu) again as an antagonist. We also have Junko Minagawa, who voice-acted Ryoma Echizen from POT, as the protagonist, Oz. Kosuke Toriumi who played Gennosuke in Basilisk is also part of this anime. Lastly, we have Akira Ishida who was Gaara's seiyuu in Naruto as a very funny supporting character. The soundtrack though is not really very impressive for me but it was good.
Earlier, I mentioned about this anime not having much of the kind of art I'm looking for but it's actually more than I expected. It's actually a little above the average but there are times that it's just a little too  rough and there are also times when you doubt if they actually worked hard on it. You just have to see to know what I'm talking about. It just seemed like they were in a hurry doing this anime.
So... what the hell are you waiting for?!?!??! Start watching this anime and feel my disappointment with the last episode!!!! wahahahahaha! LOL
HONESTLY, just go watch this anime. It's all worth it. You'll definitely be craving for more and praying, like me and all others, for a 2nd season! :-)
Now, I just finished contemplating and have decided that this anime was really great!!! Still hoping for that 2nd season to come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment