Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A unique anime crossed my path -- Jyu Oh Sei!

This anime happened to just be one of those that I happened to watch. I was opening animecrazy and went through their ranking of anime series at their site. I was looking for some anime that I haven't heard before and this was one of those anime. It was ranked 100+ out of over 700 anime series so I thought it wouldn't be bad to try watching it. I read the summary and at its only review. I decided to watch it since it only runs for 11 episodes so I said to myself that I could endure watching an anime that short.
The anime is about twins, Thor and Rai, which is set in the very far future. They were living at a space colony but were suddenly thrown to an unknown planet called Chimera where they struggle to survive.
I'm not going to tell much more than that because there would be a lot of spoilers. I just want you people to know the story as you watch it and understand it at the end since the whole story will only be understood when you get to watch the last 2 episodes of it.
I like this anime because of how unique it is. It's the major reason I decided to watch it. It was unexpectedly good and decent considering I didn't really expect much from it. There's one hell of a major twist by the end of the story that would make you say "WTF?!?!?" Let's just leave it at there. Yes, you got that right. I had that reaction because everything was really good and I don't know how I was supposed to react when everything was revealed at the end. There's a lot of good action scenes, some romance, camaraderie and the like. What I love about this anime was that while I was watching the first few episodes and listened to the seiyuu of the younger Thor/Rai, I was really thinking where I heard that certain voice actor. Well, it was Conan in Detective Conan. No wonder. I've been watching that anime like years ago and I liked it. The voice was so cute although in a different way, not in its usual "conan" way. There's also a great seiyuu in it that really got me searching whose deep voice owned it! It amazed me to know that it was Shun Oguri's voice! He's Hanazawa Rui from HYD and Sano Izumi from Hana Kimi. He only did like 4 anime dubbing in his career so it was a rare find -- very unexpected to hear his voice in this anime. Well, it's quite clear I love the seiyuus in this anime. :-)
Well, to conclude, if you want to kill time by watching a short anime which is worth it --then Jyu Oh Sei should be in your list. A decent anime to raise your interest about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment